National Counter-recruitment Directory
Oklahoma Center for Conscience and Peace Research
Outreach to specific communities:
- Nonstudent community based
Issues you are working on:
- African American
- Native American
Years in Operation: More than 20yrs Summary describing your organization::
- Alternatives to the military
- Conscientious objection
- Equal access for counter-recruitment
- High school JROTC
- NCLB recruiting list opt-out
- Limiting recruiter access to schools
- Counter-recruitment organizer trainings
- School board policies and accountability monitoring
- General counter-recruitment education
Our group works on both C-R and GI Rights/organizing.
- Oklahoma GI Rights Hotline - Free and confidential counseling service for service members. See okgirightshotline.org
- Counter-Recruitment - Offering information about alternatives to military service, especially within communities of color, where economic injustice leads to disproportionate pressure to join the service.
- Conscience and War - Public education, especially to young people, parents and youth workers, about the development of conscience, the moral ramifications of war, and the peaceful alternatives of cooperation, community building and tolerance that create a just society that can live in peace in the global family.