Stop Military Recruiters from having easy access to our children!!!
Inform students about their right to "opt out" of their school giving their private information to MILITARY RECRUITERS!
Join Palisadians for Peace and CAMS as they distribute Student Privacy (Opt Out) forms to high school juniors and seniors.
Thursday, October 6, 2011 - 7am
Belmont High School
1575 W 2nd St
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 7am
Jordan High School
2265 E. 103rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90002
Monday, October 17, 2011 - 7am
Lincoln High School
3501 No. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 6:30am
Bell High School
4328 Bell Ave.
Bell, CA 90201
Section 9528 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 2001 (No Child Left Behind) mandates that school districts must provide the contact information (names, addresses and telephone numbers) of juniors and seniors to the military upon request unless an Opt Out form is signed and returned to the school.
Students must Opt Out every year.
Opt Out forms must be returned by October 28, 2011.
Here are some recommended links available to better inform you about opt out strategies . This is a work in progress and NNOMY will be adding new documents as they are prepared and as policies change that effect enlistment. Check back periodically.
- LAUSD Form for 2010 ::: Information Release Form
- Beyond Opt Out , Counter Punch Magazine, Rick Jahnkow
- Military Opt out Form (PDF)
- Strategies for Operation Opt Out (PDF)
- Fairfax County (Virginia) Public School, Opt-Out Policies and Forms Including Military Recruiters
- Churchill High School, Sample Letter and Release Form to Parents
- Amazing Opt Out Resolution!
- JSD Opt-Out Form for Parents
- JSD Opt-Out Form for Students
- SAMPLE BILINGUAL FORMS FOR OPTING OUT
Articles on the web:
This page can be accessed and referred at the following URL: http://optout.nnomy.org