VFP and Counter-recruiting
Veterans for Peace has a long and diverse history of Counter-recruitment
Veterans for Peace has been an important contributor to the history of counter-recruitment groups and individuals raising public concerns about the culturally militarizing effect that Pentagon recruitment efforts have on our youth. VFP speaks with authority to young people from personal experience and unapologetically raise their voices against the moral corruption of our war making complex.
Below are links to examples of VFP/Counter-recruitment around the country and an article archive of VFP community outreach related to demilitarization of our communities and schools:
VFP Counter-recruitment pages
- Veteran's for Peace U.S. National Truth in Recruitment Page
- CVP Education Not Militarization
- Veterans For Peace Corvallis - Truth in Recruiting
- VFP Chapter 92 Counter Recruiting Action Team
- VFP UK Don't Join the Army
VFP Counter-recruitment News Reports
VFP Chapters in the National Directory
- CNY Veterans For Peace
- Veterans for Peace Chicago - Chapter 26
- Veterans for Peace Detroit Metro - Chapter 74
- Veterans For Peace Corvallis - Chapter 132
- Veterans for Peace Nashville - Chapter 089
- Veterans for Peace Madison - Chapter 25
- Veterans for Peace Traverse City - Chapter 50
- Veterans For Peace National USA
- Veterans For Peace National GB
- War Resisters' League Counter Recruitment
- Veterans Unite with Poor People's Campaign
- NNOMY 2017 VFP Workshop
Dimitri Lascaris - Story Transcript DIMITRI LASCARIS: This is Dimitri Lascaris reporting for The Real News Network from the port in Naples, Italy. I’m seated here with Ann Wright, in front of the one of the ships to Gaza on the 2018 Freedom Flotilla. Ann is a retired United States Army colonel. She’s a former United States diplomat who resigned in protest over the war in Iraq. And she is a peace ...
Alex Presha and Brie Stimson - President Trump answered this question: "Is Russia still targeting the U.S., Mr. President?" with "Thank you very much, no." President Trump is facing a backlash from ...
Anthony Douglas - We love comfort. Do we love peace? That’s the question Ed Flaherty poses. You’ll have seen Flaherty at the downtown Friday Peace Rally, which has been happening nearly weekly for ...
Editor’s note: This commentary is by Richard Czaplinski, of Warren, a U.S. Navy veteran who is the recently elected president of Will Miller Green Mountain Veterans For Peace, Chapter 57. “I’m for ...