Women's March on the Pentagon
On October 21st, 2018 Women and Men Marched on the Pentagon.and the Pentagon is Marching on Generation Z in their Social Media, Video Games, and in their Public Schools to Sell them on Perpetual War. The domestic side of the Pentagon's reach into our lives is its efforts to recruit our youth into military service either in body or mind. The Women's March on the Pentagon is a demand for a sustainable world, where resources are not squandered on the business of war but redirected into human needs and not into corporate greed at the cost of enormous suffering at home and abroad. The other war front of the Pentagon is in our public schools where military recruiters troll for new recruits. This is another Pentagon that requires the demand for community activism to regulate access to our children and to limit the influence of militarized programs that masquerade as educational opportunities. Programs like JROTC, Young Marines, DoD Starbase and DoD STEM are a means of recruitment and indoctrination into a military ethos that normalizes war in young minds and ensures the continuation of the military and defense industry control over our national economy.
The Video Below Explains What the Pentagon will be doing to Bring More of
Our Young into Harms Way.
Over the last several decades, the Pentagon,conservative forces, and corporations have been systematically working to expand their presence in the K-12 learning environment and in public universities. The combined impact of the military, conservative think tanks and foundations, and of the corporatization of our public educational systems has eroded the basic democratic concept of civilian public education. It is a trend that, if allowed to continue, will weaken the primacy of civilian rule and, ultimately, our country’s commitment to democratic ideals.
The moment has never been more important to organize to defend the commons of our public schools and to protect the privacy of our our children and youth from the predation of cultural militarism. The result can only be a further deformation of our democracy and insure a mindset in future citizens to support foreign policy over-reach, bloated defense budgets and endless wars.
The time to Intervene in Our Schools is now to organize for Perpetual Peace.
The Power Point Presentation below Explains What you Can Do:
Essentials from Woman's March on the Pentagon (WMOP):
Resource Links from the power point presentation above:
- Using Equal Access to Counter Militarism in High Schools | PDF
- “Before You Enlist” (English & Spanish)
- Peaceful Career Alternatives website
- Winning the Peace: A national campaign (archived) to hand out palm cards at high schools
- Guide for Public High School Leafletting and Petitioning
- Foundation for 2nd Chances summit
- Project on Youth and Non-military Opportunities
- Northwest Suburban Peace & Education Project
Important Links from the Woman's March on the Pentagon (WMOP)
- Women's March on the Pentagon website
- Confront the bi-partisan war machine
- WMOP Digital Action Kit | PDF
- WMOP printable flyers
- Register Your Solidarity March
- Global Women's Peace Actions
- Volunteer October 20 & 21, 2018
- WMOP Endorsements
- Donate to WMOP to help cover our costs
Campaigns to Demilitarize Our Schools
- A National Call: Save Civilian Public Education | Una campaña nacional
- National Coalition to Protect Student Privacy